Sunday 25 November 2012

Mock up of front cover (borrowed images)


When producing my mock up I stuck to the conventions of a magazine by including the mast head, cover lines, headline, main image and bar code which are the elements that makes it look like a magazine. I stuck to a particular colour scheme of red, yellow and black which was to ultimately reflect the genre of the magazine - alternative/indie. In this mock up, I don't think the genre of the magazine is being shown as much as it could be, therefore in my future drafts I could include images such as musical instruments like acoustic or electric guitars, drumkits etc. On the far left of the cover, the empty space stands out as there is nothing there. In my  future drafts and for my final front cover I should make sure I fill the space completely with more conventions such as more images, cover lines, call outs or pull quotes from an interview with the model in the main image. I could also look at more fonts so I could choose one that reflected the genre of my magazine and looked appealing to the target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment