Tuesday 18 December 2012

Front Cover - first draft

This first draft shows conventional features of a magazine such as the masthead, headline and cover lines. I like the main image that I have chosen for the cover, however, the cover lines interfere with the image as they cover some of the subject's face. The colour of the cover lines make it difficult for them to be read. Therefore, for my next draft I will change this aspect by matching it more to my decided colour scheme of red, black and white. I will change the position of the cover lines so they don't interfere with the main image. I will think about experimenting with a different image and using that for another draft to see if a different angle of shot works better than this canted angle shot. I like how I have rotated the images at the bottom of the cover as it links to the text 'Reckless take on the U.S', this is because they are positioned as if they are holiday snapshots and appear to look like loose photographs. I am not too sure about the black background, so when I produce my second draft I will experiment with a different colour of background or make the colour more transparent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment