Monday 11 March 2013

Contents Page Final Draft


After receiving feedback from my tutor, I have altered the layout of my contents page and reduced the amount of images that it includes. Instead, I have added an image of the artist who is featured on the front cover and double page spread of my magazine in order to create continuity. This extra image shows that the artist is an important feature of the magazine and indicates that he is going to be the feature of the double page spread. Both of the images now have page numbers, to assist the reader in locating the article, instead of being listed in the overall contents as there is no need for it to be shown twice on the contents page. To reinforce the genre of music of the magazine I have added the image of an electric guitar to show that the magazine focuses on alternative music. As well as the added image of the guitar, I have added the date the magazine was issued along with the website as the previous draft was missing this feature. To attract more interest by my audience I have added a competition advertisement to make the reader want to turn the page and find out how to win the signed picture. The new black background to the contents list and editorial makes the text stand out from the page more, the text is now not lost within the page. Overall, I am happy with this as a final draft for my contents page as it shows clearly the conventions of a contents page and is much better than my previous two drafts. This is because it reflects the musical genre more so than my previous drafts. Furthermore, with the added features and objects I think it will trigger more interest by my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment