Friday 22 March 2013

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?


•       When I first started using Photoshop, I had little knowledge of its tools and functions, I didn’t know how to use the programme to make a professional media product. From taking part in this task I have learnt a lot about how to use the different tools in Photoshop in order to create my magazine.
•        For example, for the double page spread,  I used tools such as the quick selection tool to cut the outline of the model out of the image’s original background to place onto a new image.
•        I used the blur and smudge tool to smooth out the edges of the cut-out object so I could blend the image into the background.
•        If there were parts of an image that I had taken that I didn’t want (objects in the background), I used the crop tool to cut the picture down so these objects wouldn’t interfere with the subject of the image. To reduce the size of images and other shape objects (cover lines, headlines, page numbers, squares)  I used the transform tool.
•        I used the spot healing tool to eliminate any blemishes or any shiny surfaces on my original images which I used for my media product.
•        For some shape objects that I used as a background for some text, I reduced the opacity of it so the text in front of it would stand out from the page more. I also did this so the text wouldn’t be lost within the box that it was in front of.
•        I used the text tool to select from the various fonts that Photoshop comes with. This allowed me to choose a font style for the small text (list of contents and the article etc.) and the larger text (headline on the front cover, title of the double page spread etc.)






This is how I created a new document. I selected the A4 size since this is the common size of a standard magazine.

Cropping the image.

Using the spot healing tool.

Using the quick selection tool. 

Using the blur tool

No comments:

Post a Comment