Friday 22 March 2013

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?


•A media institution is an establishment that is in charge of producing, distributing and marketing different media products.
•For my initial research I looked into Kerrang magazine, which represents the genre (alternative rock) that I was attempting to recreate in my own magazine. However, Kerrang do represent the heavier genre of rock music more so than my own magazine does. The publishers of Kerrang magazine are Bauer Media Group. They also distribute magazines which cater for niche audiences. For example, Q Magazine, Heat and Closer.  I think that the genre of my magazine is a mix of Kerrang and Q magazine. Therefore, my magazine will cater for a new niche audience.
•Bauer Media Group operates in 15 countries internationally, and circulates 38 million magazine titles per week. 
I would want Bauer Media Group to distribute my magazine because they distribute Kerrang magazine, which is what I focused my initial research on. Due to the fact that they operate worldwide in 15 different countries, this means that the funds required would be available to allow the magazine to reach local audiences and foreign audiences.
•Due to their big budget, Bauer would be able to contribute more funds towards: attracting big artists to be featured in my magazine, prizes for competitions, organising events and other music related events.
•Bauer’s magazines also have their own website, radio station and television channel. Therefore, my magazine could have all of these extras which will address more possible consumers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment