Thursday 14 March 2013

Double page spread draft 3 (more refinements)


After receiving feedback from my tutor, I have made further refinements to the double page spread for a final draft. I have added more images of the artist to further compliment the main image. I have positioned them at an angle to create the illusion of them being physical photographs and to show that the artist had a photo shoot. I have also reduced the size of the 'Did you know?' box and moved the Starbucks logo behind it. As the columns seemed to be too wide on my previous drafts I reduced the width of them and have added another column to make it look more like a magazine article. As the page was missing a byline, I added this feature and positioned it above the introduction of the article. I have made it the same font as the title of the article as the style of font is clear, bold and easy to read and it creates a house style throughout the magazine.  Furthermore, I have moved the text which was originally on the bottom right of the page, which was referring to the photo shoot, to become a conclusion of the article. I have done this because originally this text looked out of place in its original position. Overall, I am happy with this draft as a final draft, as it includes all the conventions of a double page spread, it has an attractive and interesting layout and it portrays the ideologies and musical genre of my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment